Escape routes are checked daily.
Fire extinguishers are maintained by Able Fire Security annually.
Fire drills are to be carried out spontaneously monthly and recorded in the fire drill book, kept in the kitchen.
This is the responsibility of Rebecca Speakman/Lynsey Sim.
If you discover a fire
1. Immediately operate the nearest fire alarm call point.
2. Evacuate all the children in your charge.
3. Attack the fire if possible with appliances provided but without taking personal risks.
On hearing the alarm
1. Manager or deputy will call the Fire Brigade immediately by dialing 999.
2. Leave the building, evacuating all the children in your care and report to the central assembly point at the far end of the garden.
3. Manager will ensure the entire nursery is empty by checking all the rooms, but without putting themselves at risk.