A Good Children’s Nursery
Tender Years Day Nursery operates from a large detached family home located in a leafy suburb of Bolton. We pride ourselves in trying to recreate a homely atmosphere while providing children with a wealth of different experiences both indoor and in our fabulous large garden.
We are a private day nursery for children aged from 3 months to 5 years and open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 51 weeks of the year.
The nursery has been trading since 1998 and currently achieved a Good Ofsted rating with outstanding qualities. We are very proud of our achievement and strive to be outstanding in our next inspection.
At Tender Years Day Nursery we provide:
- a highly-qualified staffing team, many of whom are mums themselves.
- a new owner with a drive to provide a warm, home from home educational setting
- a long-established management team who inspire with their leadership
- a large garden, equipped for all year-round activities.
- a home cooked, nutritious food prepared by our own chef.
- support for the government’s subsidised childcare for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Our aim at Tender Years Day Nursery is to provide our children and their families the best form of Early Years Education we can, providing them with the best start in life. We recognise choosing a Nursery is one of the most difficult decisions for you as parents, we want you to feel confident that we take this responsibility very seriously. We invite you to come and visit the Nursery and hope you will be impressed.
Come and Visit
If you would like to find out more, then please explore our website and call 01204 494198 to arrange a time to come and have a look around.
My name is Rachel Critchley and I am delighted to introduce myself as the new owner of Tender Years Day Nursery. My husband Mike and I, have two daughters, Pippa aged 7 and Petra Rose aged 5 and we currently live on the outskirts of Chorley.
I have been a qualified secondary school teacher for 16 years’ and progressed to Head of Faculty and Management. In my latter years of teaching, I was given the opportunity to teach and develop the Childcare curriculum within the school. Being a mother of two young daughters it became a natural progression into Early Years Education and sparked a passion to further this enthusiasm to work and operate a children’s nursery.
I am passionate about children’s development to care for and provide them with the best learning opportunities and prepare them for the transition to Primary School. My team and I at Tender Years Day Nursery, are here to assist your child in their learning journey giving them the freedom to explore and develop in a warm, homely and caring environment.
Over time it is our intention to undertake maintenance and upgrades to the property which have been neglected of late, we are mindful to retain the aesthetics and vista of a property of this period and in keeping with neighbouring properties. Our first works include: –
- New replacement windows to the front elevation retaining much of the original features, with leaded stain glass top lights
- Seeking change of use to utilise the first-floor rooms
- Rebuild the front boundary wall to the right of the property to match existing
- Install nursery sign within the boundary of the property, designed and manufactured to compliment the period of the property.
Lastly, by way of contribution to the local community Tender Years Day Nursery together with private donations are seeking to purchase and install on the external side elevation of the Nursery a defibrillator for use within the local community, this device provides a high energy electric shock to the heart through the chest wall to someone who is in cardiac arrest it is an essential lifesaving step in the chain of survival if you come across someone who has had a cardiac arrest.